The fire protection tank and its design and assembly is a field that we have been dealing with successfully for many years. We provide comprehensive services related to the construction of above-ground and steel tanks in Poland, but also abroad. We offer a professional service for every type of fire protection tank – both from our distribution and built by other manufacturers.
Sprinkler tanks – design
The construction of the fire tank is based on a foundation slab made according to our indications and anchored to the foundation with brackets and anchor bolts. At the investor’s request, we design the tank foundation slab and foundation slab with process lines and flanges, according to project. The tightness of the fire protection tank is ensured by an EPDM or PVC membrane, which is prefabricated by the manufacturer and dedicated to a specific size tank. The use of a membrane means that the walls do not have direct contact with water, which undoubtedly has a significant impact on the longer life of each water supply tank, and thus on its efficiency and trouble-free operation.
Fire protection tank – steel
Each fire tank we build consists of galvanized steel sheets 2.5 m long and 1.25 m high. The thickness of these sheets depends on the size of the designed tank, the required norms and standards. The sheets are made of galvanized steel grade S350GD + Z275 or Z36 and Z600 for tanks with FM certification.
Individual sheets of metal are bolted together with M12 bolts at the construction site. The tank jacket is attached to the concrete foundation using galvanized angles, handles and anchors. At the customer’s request, it is possible to powder paint the surface of the sheets or cover the tank shell with a trapezoidal sheet in the selected RAL color.
The roof of the fire water reserve tank is a stable self-supporting structure, made of special cold-bent Z-type profiles, covered with trapezoidal sheet metal or optionally – at the investor’s request – insulated with sandwich panels.
Realization of investments
To be sure of the proper course and completion of the investment, remember how important it is to entrust the construction of a fire tank to specialists. A company with experience and an established position on the tank construction market. This will undoubtedly ensure the construction of the tank in accordance with applicable safety standards and technical assumptions of such a project. As part of the contract, Miltom provides the investor with an executive design for the building permit as well as the executive and as-built documentation of the tank developed – importantly – by an authorized designer.
Efficiency of performance
- We start building the tank from the roof.
- We use a special set of hydraulic jacks.
- We don’t use cranes – you don’t need additional permits.
- You can build a tank in close proximity to other facilities.
- We take up less space on the construction site.
- Faster implementation, lower costs.
- inspections of fire tanks
- technical inspections
- cleaning the inside of the tank
- replacement of insulation, membranes, tank roofs
- repairs of heating and water level monitoring systems
- expansion (tank enlargement)
- location changes
do you need support?
- PN-EN 12845 Fixed firefighting equipment. Automatic sprinkler devices. Design, installation and maintenance.
- VdS-CEA 4001 Sprinkleranlagen. Planung und Einbau – Standard projektowania urządzeń gaśniczych.
- NFPA 22 Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- FM Data Sheets 3-2 Water Tanks For Fire Protection
How a tank is made
Fire tanks in industrial facilities should be installed by a qualified construction team. See the stages of creating a water tank, designed and built from the ground up by Miltom’s specialized assembly team.
- Download file with size table
- The diameter of the tanks ranges from 3.1 m to 21.7 m
- Tank height from 2.4 m to 13.2 m
- It is possible to build a tank with a higher height
- FM Approvals
PN – B – 02857:2017-04
PN-EN 1990:2004/AC:2010 Eurokod
PN-EN 1991 – 1 – 1:2004/AC:2009
- Sheets made of galvanized steel 1.25 mx 2.5 m in steel grade S350GD + Z275 or S355.
- The thickness of the jacket depends on the size of the tank, required standards and standard of workmanship. Individual sheets of metal are bolted together with M12 bolts at the construction site.
- The tank jacket is attached to the concrete foundation using galvanized angles, handles and anchors.
- Tank painting. It is possible to powder paint the surface of the sheets or cover the installation jacket with trapezoidal sheet in the selected RAL color from the available “Pruszyński” color palette.
- Additional painting of the tank shell or the facade made of trapezoidal sheet is an additional layer of protection against the environment from the outside, significantly extending the correct operation of the tank and its trouble-free operation as well as provides an additional visual and aesthetic effect.
- The roof of the fire water supply tank is a stable self-supporting structure, made of special cold-bent Z-Z250, Z300, Z350 profiles covered with T35 trapezoidal sheet or optionally – on request of the Investor – insulated sandwich panels. We use “Arpanel” sandwich panels with a core of rigid polyisocyanurate PIR foam with a thickness of D 40/80, D 60/100, D 80/120, D 100/140, as well as Arpanel PUR panels with a polyurethane core with a thickness of D 40/80 , D 60/100, D 80/120, D 100/140. The shape of the roof structure ensures free drainage of rain and snow from the roof surface to each side of the tank.
- Tank tightness is ensured by the use of a prefabricated EPDM synthetic membrane with a minimum thickness of 1.00 mm adapted to the size of the tank. EPDM is characterized by good properties for reversible deformation under the influence of mechanical forces, while maintaining the continuity of its structure. The material maintains its elasticity in the temperature range up to -40 ° C from +110 ° C regardless of prevailing weather conditions.
- Seal selection option. At the customer’s request, we also use a polyvinyl chloride membrane, so-called PVC, minimum thickness 0.75 mm, adapted to the size of the tank. It is characterized by high mechanical strength and resistant to many solvents.
- The membrane is separated from the tank foundation with polypropylene geotextile with a weight of 300g / m2, which protects it against mechanical damage during assembly and operation.
- Thermal isolation. Each of the tanks made is equipped with 40 mm thick Styrodur thermal insulation located between the membrane and the tank jacket along the entire height of the tank, fixed with screws and glue to the walls of the tank structure. This location of the insulation ensures long-term preservation of thermal properties and no degradation of the material under the influence of moisture.
- Option to choose insulation. At the investor’s request, external insulation made of 10 cm thick ProRox SL 960PL mineral wool can be used, additionally protected from the outside with T18 x 0.7 trapezoidal sheet metal painted in any color from the RAL color palette.
- Pipes – selected for a specific tank according to types and standards.
- Electric heaters mounted in pairs on the wall of the tank 0.5 m below the water surface – from 3kw – 18 kW ~ 400 V.
- Inspection hatches mounted on the roof of the tank.
- Inspection and service hatch installed in the lower, lowest row of tank jacket panels. The standard used determines the number of service hatches fitted.
- Galvanized ladder allowing access to the manhole on the roof of the tank.
- Control and control cabinet responsible for the work of heaters, controlling the level and temperature of water in the tank.
- The materials we use ensure that the investor receives the highest quality product that meets the stringent requirements of the norms and required standards.
- The modularity of the design allows for quick assembly, as well as the possibility of any modifications to increase the required tank capacity if necessary.
- Connections. The tanks are equipped with all necessary connections and devices required for efficient cooperation with the used combustion and electric pumps.
- High quality of workmanship allows you to get a long-term warranty ensuring long-term trouble-free use of the tank and reliability for many years.
Any existing steel fire protection tank or fire protection installation – both built by us and other manufacturers – we can cover our warranty and service care. We accomplish this by providing customers with the opportunity to purchase the warranty protection package we offer . The basis for issuing such a guarantee to you is before we sign the contract, technical inspection of the tank or device.
Mazura Street 18A, 02-830 Warsaw
+48 22 844-59-39,
+48 22 854-01-08
NBR No: 141661666
Tax Identification No: 5213625525
Tel. +48 22 844-59-39
Mob.+48 693 366 366